Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Brown Sugar, How Come You Taste So Good?


I absolutely adore brown sugar. It's my second favorite thing in the kitchen, next to the smell of vanilla extract. When I was a kid and my mom was baking, I would scoop myself a spoonful of brown sugar and eat it. Yes, I would eat pure sugar, and maybe, on occasion, I still do. Luckily, I've found a carb-free way to indulge in the same sweet taste. I picked up a tube of Gap's brown sugar lip balm the other week, and I've found it is almost as satisfying as the real thing. The lip balm, which is not available online but is in stores, contains coconut oil, beeswax and flower extracts and has an SPF of 18. Sweet!

5 comments:

  1. This was a great post! lol

    People like you make it wonderful for those of us who manufacture the Brown Sugar Saver to put into the brown sugar so it doesn't become rock hard!

    Loved the lip balm idea!

    Thank you!
    Cindy
    www.jbkpottery.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous!
    I might just have to go get one of these. Other tasty lip balms are the softlips new flavors. The raspberry tastes like sorbet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. brown sugar: So glad you stopped by! I love brown sugar savers! I have one and they really work! Keep up the good work.

    janna: Thanks for the tip! I'll have to try it.

    cupcake: It is tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too am a Brown Sugar fan! Love it. A co-worker sells stuff for a bath and body company and they have a line of brown sugar body spray, scrubs, lotions..all divine smelling!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Blogging tips