Monday, June 25, 2012

Weekend in Photos


Thank goodness for summer treats that offer a little happiness in the heat. Jonah and I spent some time on The High Line over the weekend eating our favorite hot dogs and the prettiest popsicles from La Newyorkina. We went to a friend's going away party, another friend's birthday party, sweltered in the subway and paid a visit to Katz's Delicatessen. In all our time in New York, neither of us had ever been to the place with a long history, made famous by a very memorable scene in "When Harry Met Sally." So before seeing a movie on Saturday, Jonah and I shared a tasty pastrami sandwich ... which we ate quietly.

10 comments:

  1. I'm glad no one felt impelled to "have what you were having". At least not for THAT reason anyway. :)

    Brooke

    ReplyDelete
  2. those popsicles sound amazing! New York is so awesome in summer : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great looking weekend! How was the rain for you guys in Friday?! We got stuck on the Brooklyn Bridge in it! You couldn't drive faster the 10mph because visibility was horrible!!

    We walked past that deli yesterday on out way to Hotel Chantelle for brunch and I wanted to go in but I was cranky because I was hungry...next time...

    Fromfreyawithlove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a fun weekend filled with great food and warm weather!

    xo
    Quiet Luxury


    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like the perfect weekend, that popsicle looks delicious. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. perfect summer weekend! I went to Katz once and I still dream of that pastrami sandwich!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You always have the most delicious looking weekends!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Life through the movies you know I love it

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that you went to Katz's Deli! I feel so sad the Nora Ephron died yesterday - I loved her movies and her last two books, which are the only two I've read of hers.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Blogging tips