Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Tea Party for One


On Saturday, Jonah and I went to Bosie Tea Parlor in the West Village. He opted for a scone and Earl Grey, and I went all out with the full tea service for one. Baffled by the idea of a cucumber sandwich, Jonah asked me why I liked stuff like this. "Because I'm a girl," I said before taking a huge unladylike gulp of coconut black tea. The mini cakes and triangle sandwiches may be a bit twee for some, but it takes me back to my childhood tea parties, sitting on pillows with an upside-down Lego container acting as the table and a pot of sweet tea warmed in the microwave as the main attraction. Like most things centered around food and nostalgia, it makes me happy.

13 comments:

  1. Yum that looks delish....who doesn't love a tea party!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The vision of you as a kid having a tea party is adorable. :) Beautiful shots! They're making me hungry and thirsty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. had to Wikipedia "twee", i'm gonna have trouble using it three times today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo it is definitely a girl thing...the tea obsession. If I'm ever wandering around the village I will definitely have to go!

    Ergo - Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! Sometimes you just need to feel fem with a full tea. My friends and I are planning one soon at the cutest tea shop near my place.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute place! I love these posts about the restaurants that you visit. You are so lucky to live in NY.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sandwiches are truly better when the crust is cut off and when cut into triangles. Haha. This place looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want so desperately to go have high tea. You're right - it's on the checklist of being a girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks absolutely magical–and coconut black tea sounds divine!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks delicious. How were the scones? They look pretty dense.

    I went to tea & sympathy on Sunday for some good ol' English breakfast with grilled tomato and everything. I'm always on the look out for good tea shops so I'll have to try this as soon as I get back from Seattle!

    ReplyDelete
  11. this looks absolutely divine! Then again, I'm such a girly-girl too!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. So fun! I totally want to have a tea party now...those triangle sandwiches are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  13. ah, love the idea of a tea party for one. and bosie is great - one of my favorite spots for meetings! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Blogging tips