Thursday, February 20, 2014

We're Moving to Texas!


Announcement time: After months and months of pondering and praying and planning, we've decided to move to Austin, Texas! It just seems like the time in our lives for something completely different. As people keep saying to us, it's like the start of a new era. We visited Austin twice last year, and while we still have a lot of exploring to do, it began winning us over with its delicious food, beautiful nature, quirky charm, music scene and laid-back vibe.

Jonah and I will always love New York City, and I'm certain we'll miss things about it and our friends that live here, but we've started to crave more traditional things like a house and a yard and a dog and kids -- or even just a second bedroom -- and while those things aren't impossible in New York, they're certainly more complicated. So we stepped out and made a decision and things just started falling into place. God has blessed us every step of the way, and we're excited for the new adventure. We're leaving New York in less than a month. Austin, here we come! Hit it, Lyle!

21 comments:

  1. that's amazing news natalie! though you will be missed in nyc, best of luck in your new venture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow,how exciting! I hear Austin is a great place to be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh!!!! So so exciting!!! Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very exciting!! We'll be happy to have you here in Texas :) Hope the move goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! Austin is one of my favorite places and I know you will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on this new beginning, you two! As a Houstonian, I probably make fun of Texas way too much, but deep in my heart - I love all of Texas oh so much. Especially Austin - it's definitely one of my very favorite cities!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's so exciting, Natalie!! Congratulations on taking such a big leap. NYC will surely miss you. Please keep up with the blogging so I can be insanely jealous of your warm weather and open space!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness! How exciting. What fantastic news this is. I'm thrilled for y'all. All the best and good luck with the move. xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh I'm so so happy for you guys! Many of my friends live there and totally love it and I'm sure you will too! Praying blessings on you guys as you make the final preparations!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on the decision! I hope the south treats you well. Enjoy the new scene!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cool! Way to be brave and take that step - here's to lots of good things to come in TX!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Brave and so exciting! If you come to San Antonio, I'd love a meet up!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's right - Texas wants you! They got big long roads out there...

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOVE austin. After seeing all your visits there, it seems like a great idea. I've been wanting to move there too, so I will vicariously live through your posts. Can't wait to see them and all the cool places you find :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have yet to visit Texas during my stint in the south BUT I hear Austin is the place to BE. Congrats to you! I can't wait to hear more about your adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats and good luck! I'm sure you'll love it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm so excited for you to move to Austin! I've always gotten the feeling your Southern style is a little wasted in New York, and I can't wait to see a city I adore through your eyes!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Blogging tips